December 31, 2016

A Letter To 2016



 Give thanks in all circumstances — 1 Thessalonians 5:18  




2016, the remarkable year I should call as the best one yet so far, you brought amazing things this year which I'm proud and thankful for, if I could describe you in a single word, it would probably be amazing. There were so many happy moments although there were some ups and downs but that's okay, I get it, not everything can be perfect and sometimes life can been a roller coaster but everything turned out to be really good indeed, it’s been the best year of my life, I don't know why but you really were, although every year everything just gets better and better with time, but this one was truly amazing. This couple of weeks - as usual - I have spent it by being so grateful, and if I could find a word to tell you now would definitely be 'thanks'. . .


I might keep my life private but 

- Thanks… because this year I decided to get baptised and that’s how on May the 1st I did it and after all I went through that day (I got my period, I had cramps took a medicine and I ended up in hospital and being allergic to antibiotics – AINES), I found strength and I didn’t let anything ruin that day for me, I made it on time and it has truly been one of the best decisions I’ve ever taken, and that day was oh, so-special… (Yes, I am a Christian)

This leads on to a remarkable highlight, which is that everything I’ve experienced this year have made my Faith in and relationship with God grow/become stronger which I have yet not found or maybe I don’t have the words to describe it like I want to, but that’s been an amazing thing which makes me so proud of myself and it amazes me every single day and also because I haven’t been afraid to tell my friends I’d go to the church after classes and they’ve understand it or that I haven’t been afraid of somehow in denying my identity when they ask me what church do I go to. It feels good and I don’t feel ashamed because of that. And last but no least, I've given God the first place because He deserves it and I'm proud of myself because this year I was so busy like I have never been but I managed to track my own time and stay organized (?)

- Thanks… because this 3rd year of University was amazing, both my 5th and 6th semester were the best ones getting better than the other, but the best of all was the 6th one, my grade was 4.54, that’s the highest grade I’ve gotten since I started my career (it was always between 4.1- 4.2 not that bad tho)  and which I’m so proud of, making it higher next year, because I realized that every effort and hard work actually pays off.

This leads to another highlight and it was having two of my designs on a catwalk, I felt so proud of that, will never ever forget that day! 

 - Thanks… because I met lots of great people this year, especially those at that place where I had my internships at and because I've overcome little by little my shyness although I still try to keep a low profile, is that how you call it (?).

Thanks... because I finally let go of so many things and found happiness

Thanks for this, for my health and being surrounded with my loved and dearest ones and for the more of countless of amazing things that happened to me this year, thank you for what it was an amazing year, there were lots of great memories which I'll never forget but will reminisce about as the years go by one after the other one because they've simply left a permanent stain on my heart and has been a remarkable one, so thank you for what it was an amazing ride of 2016, every year that goes and comes I complain less and less and just enjoy it while it lasts, so many things were learned and achieved and I thank you for all of it, I thank the Lord for this and many more. 

___


On blogging related. . .

Thanks to all of my readers for still following me here and there on this journey even though I didn't blog that much this year.

Thanks for your constant support and lovely comments and for stopping by every time a new post went up every once in a month this year, you and your feedback / thoughts / comments actually brighten up my days.


Now, there's less than 24 hours for the year to end, actually 14 hours in here as I write this, but I'm ready to kick it off and start the new one, so many goals has now been set that must be achieved inmediately. Anyway, I'm so excited for the new year to come and also I want to know what it has already in store for me, I know it'll be an amazing ride, so bring on 2017! I'm so fricken excited for ya!!


To all of you reading this, I want to wish you a very happy new year, hope you all are partying and celebrating the last minutes or hours of what has been an amazing year, hoping that this new year brings you as of first health, then, happiness, wealth and success all wrapped in one. Hope it can be an amazing one for you all because you guys, everybody deserve the best! So, my best, best wishes from the bottom of my heart to each and every single one of you. I love you all and THANKS for being part of my 2016. Thank you again!


Love, xo
Melissa 

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo! It looks like you had such an amazing year indeed, so proud that you did so well this year at Uni and can't believe it's gonna be your last one this new year, wow, time flies, been following since you started blogging! I so wish you all the best for 2017, may your wildest dreams keep on coming true, and hope you continue on doing what you do and love! Always on your team! Also, do not ever feel ashamed about your religion beliefs because that's part of your life and who you are! :)

    Happy New Year!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Camille, your lovely words and thoughts always mean a lot to me and make me so happy! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for following this journey of mine! I wish you nothing but the best for this New Year, hope you're doing well! Lots of love to your way! ♥️ xoxo

      Delete
  2. It's already 2017 here in Australia! Oh Melissa, I just wish you the same to you and for your loved ones, may this new year come full of a countless of blessings for you, you're such an inspiring girl and you deserve that and so much more. Your year was a great one, and hope this new one will be better and better! :)

    Hoping you have a great time surrounded with your loved ones!
    Best wishes! 💕 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria Paula for you wishes!!! Your lovely words mean a lot to me and make me oh, so happy! I wish you nothing but the best for this New Year from the bottom of my heart! Hope you're doing well! Lots of love to your way! ♥️ xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful post! Congratulations on an amazing year of life lessons, adventures and milestones. =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having your faith grow stronger is definitely an awesome point of any year. Happy 2017!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring post! Wishing you the best for this new year ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Catherine! Wishing you the very best too! Happy 2017! ♥️ xo

      Delete
  6. What a lovely recap! Sounds like you had a great year and it's so important to be grateful for all those happenings :) Happy New Year!
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carmen! I had it indeed and yes, I'm always thankful for every single thing that happens in my life whether it's a good or bad thing! Happy New Year to you too! :) ♥️ xo

      Delete
  7. so many great thanks happened to you in 2016. glad to see how thankful you are! <3 happy new year dear, xx

    VVEEKEND 101

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Happy New Year to you too! ♥️ xo

      Delete

Hi, welcome or welcome back to my blog. ✨

Thank you SO much for stopping by, reading and even leaving a comment. It always makes me SO happy to read your comments and I try my best to reply back as soon as I can.

Spam WILL be deleted. Please remember to be kind and friendly. 🤍

xo
ℳ.

Copyright @ MELISSA CUENTAS LABRADOR 2024.