January 4, 2016

In 2016 I am. . .




I hope that you guys had a great new years eve and I wish you all the best for this new year ♥ also I wanted to thank you because your comments about my writing on my last post made me so happy, so thank you, that really means a lot to me! Back to today's topic :



I have never liked promises, honestly I'm so bad at them that I - at some point - end up breaking it - yeah, never make them happen for more that I have pinky-promised them, it just won't - so when it comes to new year, I do not make resolutions because, why should I ? plus what if I do not stick to them and so we go back to the promise things and the cycle would just start all over again and it would also be just unrealistic. . . so, since last year I have done what it would be like setting goals to achieve throughout the year, not 'X day or month, just the entire year and it kind of worked so let's see if I can make it this year as well.


2016 bucket list on personal things. . .


1. Do well, stay organized and focus on my career :  I think this is what kept me busy last year that I only blogged once a month but I so really can not stop doing something to do something else, you know what I mean, either way this is something important in my life, and I so really want to get my degree and well, I hope this year will be a great one. I'm ready for ya 5th semester! Woo-hoo:)

2. No more rush / work under pressure : This could also apply to Univ and life just in general, I'm always rushing into things and kind of agonizing and that is just NOT GOOD! I hate that, I so hate it and I need no more rush!

3. Back to a healthy lifestyle and workout routine : I've been eating healthier since last year and also been exercising but because of Uni I had to stop and there's nothing I have missed more than working out, so good to me, so good to my soul and so good to my body - I'm starting today, woohoo!!!

4. Learn how to cook : It's a shame a 21 year old girl has not yet learned how to cook simply because is afraid of getting burn, yeah that's me. But I definitely need to take so time to stop being scared and start doing lovely and yummy recipes. I want to do some baking too and that's weird because I do not like pastries or sugary food. :P

5. Keep on apreciating the tiny things in life / smile and laugh more / and stay positive : This is my way of throwing good vibes throughout the year

6. Keep on writing : My writing is my way to let all of my thoughts out, thoughts that can never be said but just either thought or written, so I've been bad at having and writing journals, except I sometimes try my best to sharing stories here on the blog, but this year, I just want to get better at it so, let's see how that it goes like.

7. Spend less / Save money : Last year when I stumbled upon this picture, it gave me a brilliant idea of doing almost the same thing, although all the money I saved throughout the year, well I have no idea what I'm gonna use it for but one thing I can say it's that I feel proud of myself and so I'll keep on saving my money and will spend less. Best thing is that I act like there wasn't money there and sometimes I forget it's there. lol :)


2016 bucket list on blogging. . . 


Not sure if I will stick to these ones throughout the year and if my busy Uni. schedule will allow me too but I hope I can. . .

*1. Set a blogging schedule : I think it would work and you guys might know when my posts would be published so far I have these options

* Monday - Thursday - Saturday / * Tuesday & Saturday

but I don't know if I'll stick to these but I really hope I can, either way blogging once or twice per week would be fine rather than once a month like I did last year.

2. New content : I asked you and you guys voted so, I'll make sure to bring new content and focus more on lifestyle blog material, as well as in other topics that you and I might find really interesting, so I'll start brainstorming as we speak but if you want to see something else beside these topics I share here, let me know in the comment box below. :)

* 3. Grow my blog and social media following : Since my early blogging days I have not been a huge fan of numbers and never cared about it, it would be kind of like stressing out myself or being way too addicted to it, like obsessed but what I hope - if I stick to no.2 - is that I hope my blog can grow a little, so I'll try my best to make that happen, I think that after 4 years of blogging and everything my blog has done for me, I owe it a lot and I think it not only deserves that but to push it and take it onto a new level but little by little. So, fingers crossed!

4. Stay creative : I never thought I would become a creative soul but I managed to do it thanks to my blog and my career as well and I hope to not only get my creativity mood on only for my designs but also for the blog itself, so I'll be creative as possible as I can as in content aka photography and writing. :)


And those are my very realistic goals for 2016, the ones I have had on mind since late of 2015 or so. Have you set yourself some goals? What are they about? :)



Wish you all have a great day and start of the week! ❣️
Until next time, see you guys soon! XO, Melissa

40 comments:

  1. maintaining a healthy lifestyle is definitely on the top of my list!

    Kierra | Lavishingg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your goals, Kierra! I think that is already in everyone's list! Good luck babe! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Those are some great and realistic goals, I think I'll keep on getting fit and having a healthy lifestyle as well as saving some money! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria Paula! Yours are great too, good luck!!! ;) xo

      Delete
  3. Those are some good goals, I loved this post! x
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christie! Yes, they're indeed! ♥️ xx

      Delete
  4. Some really attainable goals, I know you'll reach them all in 2016 - work it girl!

    Holly | www.thekittyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly! I know I will! :) ♥️ xo

      Delete
  5. I definitely want to get healthier in 2016, absolutely let my exercise and diet go out the window a bit this year! And sticking to a blogging schedule is an absolute MUST! It makes you feel so much better when you write it all down and get it out of your head xx

    Halcyon Velvet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Samantha for sharing your goals! Yes, I used to have a blogging schedule by beginning of last year but couldn't stick to it for long, hoping I can make it this time, tho! :) xo

      Delete

  6. Great goals, Melissa! I really want to learn how to cook as well, but I'm very similar in that I'm so scared of getting burned or cut! However, there are advantages of knowing how to cook, so I want to start this year. Wish you all the best in your future endeavors :)

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sam! I know we'll make it, it's all about giving the first step! I so love looking for yummy recipes that I want to give them a try but I can't because of it, hope we can't stop being so scared. Wish you good luck too! :) xo

      Delete
  7. Interesting post, dear! Hope you will have a great 2016! :D
    Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie! ♥️ I hope you have a great one too! ;) xo

      Delete
  8. Learning how to cook will really help you with eating healthy. Your goals are really good, I hope you achieve them all! I need to learn to spend less and save more too, the struggle haha!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sally! I know right?! My cooking skills are quite easy, I prepare my 'experiments' but they do not require of using the stove or something, haha but I'm sure i will keep on improving! :) haha, yes, I'm sure you'll manage to learn it! Best thing you can do! ♥️ xo

      Delete
  9. Working under pressures is the worst! This is such a good post and thanks for sharing x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tania! I know right?! It's the worst thing evah! xo

      Delete
  10. These are some great and achievable goals, dear! You can do it! I too am trying to eat a little healthier, started a new workout routine last week and so far so good! <3 Appreciating little things in life is certainly something I want to do more, also. This was a lovely, inspiring post! Happy new year, and oh, I followed you on bloglovin'. <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kay! Oh, that's so great to hear dear, there's nothing better than a healthier lifestyle, your body will thank you later and you'll be so proud of it! Happy new year to you too! ♥️ xo

      Delete
  11. Loved reading this. Your goals are great, and I am sure you'll achieve them! Have a great 2016 girl!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Monique! Hope you have a great one too! All the best! ♥️ xo

      Delete
  12. Those are some great goals indeed, Melissa and I'm sure you'll achieve them all!!! As for me, I'm still on the fitness-sy thing, haha so will keep on exercising and eating better, also I plan on saving some more cash and maybe travel more often this year. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Camille! Your goals are great too, oh traveling? that sounds good, indeed! :) ♥️ xo

      Delete
  13. Good luck growing your blog in 2016!I love your blog design :)

    Kirstie | www.behindthescent.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I should learn how to cook too but I haven't moved out yet to practice but you have some really good goals here Good Luck in achieving them :)

    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leanne! I wish you good luck too! :) ♥️ xo

      Delete
  15. Spending less is also my number one resolution for this year! thanks for sharing xo

    www.maishavita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! Good luck in achieving that goal, it can be hard but i know you'll make it! ;) ♥️ xo

      Delete
  16. Your blog is so beautiful and gorgeously monochrome! :D I loved reading your list, especially the being scared of being burnt when cooking because I can relate too well xD just don't put me anywhere near an oven haha! Writing and learning are lovely things to practice; I am trying to work on my self control and disciplining myself, as it's been a long while since I was in school and my writing skills are soggy! xD xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! Haha, I'm scared of being near either to the stove or microwave! / Yes, I totally agree! Wish you good luck in writing! ;) ♥️ xo

      Delete
  17. Great goals! Mine is to enjoy life as much as I can! :)
    Xo Leni
    http://www.theblondejourney.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leni! That's a good one, there's nothing than enjoyng life and all the little, beautiful and amazing things that brings with it. :) xo

      Delete
  18. A great read!! These are some smart goals!!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post!

    thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Learning how to cook has been on a list for years, but I still haven't truly it achieved it because I can't seem to cook important things! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think i have exactly the same personnal things to do as you on 2016 ! Great article :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome or welcome back to my blog. ✨

Thank you SO much for stopping by, reading and even leaving a comment. It always makes me SO happy to read your comments and I try my best to reply back as soon as I can.

Spam WILL be deleted. Please remember to be kind and friendly. 🤍

xo
ℳ.

Copyright @ MELISSA CUENTAS LABRADOR 2024.